Okay, last week was full of not-so-healthy recipes, so this week I’m going to feature some lighter calorie options. This shrimp dish is one of those great, one pot meals that doesn’t require a lot of steps. Even while maintaining this blog, I get into ruts now and then for weeknight meals. It’s hard to be creative when you are pressed for time! It can also be hard to eat healthy when you’re pressed for time. This dinner can be on your table in less than thirty minutes!
With the snow coming down today, try this for a warm dinner tonight. Crack open a beer, curl up by the fire, and enjoy!
Spicy Shrimp Noodle Bowl, adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 2 (1/4-inch-thick) slices peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces uncooked rice sticks
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
Combine water, broth, clam juice, and ginger in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Strain broth mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, yellow onion, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add reserved broth; bring to a simmer. Add shrimp, peas, chili garlic sauce, salt, and noodles; cook 5 minutes or until noodles are done. Ladle soup into bowls and top with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.