I started off thinking I was going to make some sort of plum coffee cake spiced with cardamom. Okay, I might still make that. But then I stumbled across this recipe and it called my name. There’s nothing I don’t like about prosciutto, goat cheese and arugula. Add some sweet, tart plums – perfect! I made this recipe for a night out at one of the free concerts at Millennium Park. It was a gorgeous night to sit outside, listen to music, eat good food and catch up with some old friends.
Open-faced Plum & Prosciutto Sandwiches, adapted from Cooking Light
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) soft goat cheese
- 4 (2-ounce) slices Italian bread, toasted
- 1 cup loosely packed arugula
- 2 ripe plums, cut into thin wedges
- 3 ounces very thin slices prosciutto
Spread 3/4 ounce cheese evenly over each bread slice. Divide arugula, plum wedges, and prosciutto evenly over sandwiches.